The warmth of the sun. The smell of sunscreen. A cold drink in hand.
For tens of thousands of tourists each year, a Lowcountry beach visit is a getaway on a timetable -- a few days’ escape from a landlocked 9 to 5 routine.
But for those lucky enough to call this place home, it quickly becomes a spot hard to ever say goodbye to.
10 Reasons to love Beach Life!
1. Exploration. Get out on that water and see what you can find.
2. That first dash into the ocean. This holds a special place for those who are seeing it for the first time.
3. Acrobatic pets. I think dogs enjoy the beach just as much as we do.
4. Engineers hard at work. When it comes to sand castles, you can tell who has a future career as an architect and who ... well, doesn't.
Benjamin Michael White
5. Getting out of your element. Sure, the beach has rules but that doesn't mean you can't try something new.
6. It's nature at its finest. The sound of the waves is great for clearing your mind.
7. A late night walk. It's good for what ails ya.
8. Time to play. Whether with a friend or furry friend, there's no better backdrop.
North Forest Beach
9. The critters. How many can you spot? Watch where you step.
10. The memories. And the photos that remind us.