Much has changed since I moved here in 1976 and found the Lowcountry is a coastal paradise where you can enjoy the good life all year round. From Sea Pines to Sun City, on the Island, or right across the bridge to Bluffton, look at all we have to offer:
- Mild Winters, Spring & Fall temperatures in the 70s & 80s and tropical summers with ocean breezes & lower humidity.
- Retire as a full-time resident or second home frequent visitor. Hilton Head Island and Bluffton are mentioned time and again as one of the top retirement destinations.
- Play golf all year round on a variety of many championship courses in beautiful Plantation settings. Join local golf associations, meet new friends, and enjoy this golfer's paradise.
- If tennis is your racquet, this is the place for you. More than 300 courts! Many are clay. Round robins are open to the public every day. Play on the courts where you live or join a team for competitive play.
- Experience scenic beauty, nature and wildlife throughout the area or right in your backyard. See the dolphins from the beach or kayak with them in Calibogue Sound.
- Boating is fun all year round with easy access to the Atlantic Ocean and Inter-coastal waterway. Marinas offer lots of amenities, shopping, dining, and entertainment.
- Dining in the Lowcountry is a culinary festival. Outstanding restaurants offer casual to elegant dining throughout the area with many delicious menu options to choose from – add scenic water views, lush landscaping, and beautiful sunsets. It's hard to beat this!
- Starting or relocating your business? The Lowcountry offers a strong business climate. Is it time to trade in cold and concrete for warm sunny days and palm trees?
- Enjoy a better quality of life without giving up the big city conveniences. Excellent medical care is available 24/7/365 as well as beautiful bike paths and other forms of exercise.
- Real estate opportunities in Bluffton and Hilton Head are diverse and outstanding with something for everyone in every price range! Elegant ocean front homes, affordable plantation homes, care-free condos, golf cottages, tennis villas, ocean-side villas, and a host of attractive homes just over the bridge - they are all here. Great values and resort style living!
If you would like to email this article to your out-of-state friends and relatives, please email Carl for a copy.
Carl Schroeder, 2014 Hilton Head Island Realtor of the Year is a Realtor and associate broker with Foundation Realty, serving the Hilton Head Island area since 1976. Carl@hargray.com
Carl Schroeder, GRI, CRB, CRS, SFR, CGP
Realtor/Associate Broker at Foundation Realty
Since 1976 Serving Hilton Head Island, Bluffton, Hardeeville and Ridgeland
2014, 1983 and 1986 Hilton Head Island Realtor of the Year
2001 Hilton Head HBA Builder Member of the Year
13 Fairway Drive
Bluffton, SC 29910