When you are ready to sell, you'll want to maximize the emotional appeal of your home. People who feel connected to your home when they walk in the door are more likely to make an offer. Remember, your goal is to have the buyer envision themselves living in the house which can be hard for people to do when you have your personal staple in the home.
When a buyer has an appointment to see your home, try some of the tips below to enhance the emotional appeal.
- Make sure the house is clean and tidy.
-Keep the kitchen and bathrooms as clean as you can.
-Pack away items that may distract a buyer from mentally moving into your home such as family pictures, things you collect, and anything that will draw attention away from the focus.
-Try to remove any clutter, make the beds, and gather up children/pet toys.
- Turn on the lights, open the curtains and blinds to show how bright your home is.
- Make people feel at home with homey scents such as freshly baked cookies, bread, a crock pot meal or good potpourri. You can also add charm and appeal with fresh flowers and plants.
- Make the closets look bigger by packing up the clothes you are not using.
- Check for pet odors and keep pets safely out of the way when your house is being shown.
-Set the stage to show your home to its best advantage.
Please don't hesitate to call or email us if you have any questions or would like some professional tips on preparing your home for sale.
For more information on how Foundation Realty can get your home SOLD please visit one of our two websites.
HHI website - http://www.hiltonheadrealestates.com/sellers.php
Bluffton website - http://www.blufftonrealestates.com/sellers.php
Office Phone: 843-686-4002