Taking care of the necessary repairs before putting your home on the market is important to ensuring a quick hassle-free sale and yielding top dollar for your property.
Money spent on repairs now can make a difference in the final sale price.
Simple repairs that make a huge difference in marketability and offer price are:
- Replace foggy or cracked windows, torn screens and make sure all windows are clean.
- Fix, replace or freshen up any broken stairs or handrails. Fix any large cracks in the driveway and walkway.
- Spruce up your outdoor living space. Do general lawn maintenance, make sure the grass is cut and if needed, add seed and water to your lawn so potential buyers see a green lawn. Clean up any clutter, children's toys, hoses, etc.
- Repair worn or damaged flooring, have the carpet cleaned and always vacuum before a showing.
- Of course, clean your home thoroughly. Organize your appliances, clean cabinets, never leave dirty dishes in the sink and remove as much from the counters as possible.
- Have your heater and air conditioning units serviced and filters replaced.
We would be happy to come by and make some recommendations on how to create an inviting atmosphere. Homes that convey pride of ownership often receive the best offers.
For more information on how Foundation Realty can get your home SOLD please visit one of our two websites.
HHI website - http://www.hiltonheadrealestates.com/sellers.php
Bluffton website - http://www.blufftonrealestates.com/sellers.php
Office Phone: 843-686-4002